9/28/07

O'Reilly has a toasted meltdown

The really sad thing about this whole episode is that I believe he really, truly, honestly doesn't realize that there was anything racist about his remarks. Nothing could be more pitiful than being denigrated by someone who means well, and who thinks they have the best intentions. This kind of inadvertent bigotry is the most insidious. There's just no fighting against these people.
clipped from mediamatters.org
On the September 27 edition of his nationally syndicated radio show, while discussing media coverage of his recent controversial comments about race, Fox News host Bill O'Reilly asserted: "These people aren't getting away with this. I'm going to go right where they live. Every corrupt media person in this country is on notice, right now. I'm coming after you." He went on to warn: "You smear somebody and you can't back it up, you're gonna get it. ... You go after somebody's family, you go after them and smear them with defamation that you can't back up, I'm coming to your house. I'm coming to your house. You'll have a camera up your nose. OK?"
Apparently referring to the media who he said "ran up to Harlem and ... fed black Americans bogus quotes from Media Matters," O'Reilly added, "[I]f I could strangle these people and not go to hell and get executed ... I would -- but I can't. ... All I can do is expose them. And I will."

blog it

No comments:

Template Design | Elque 2007